Workers' Compensation Employer Fraud
Criminal Justice Division Contact
Some examples of employer fraud:
- Underreporting the number of employees and payroll.
- Failure to pay insurance premiums - absence of insurance coverage.
- Deducting insurance coverage from employee's pay.
- Asking employees not to go to the doctor.
- Conceals information about an employee receiving benefits.
- Misclassification of employees, such as classifying contractors as office workers.
- Employer refers employees to medical facility and receives compensation in return for referral.
- Delays reporting an employee injury claim or fails to report an employee injury claim.