Committee on Domestic Violence - CDV
Domestic Violence Ombudsman
The Committee on Domestic Violence was established by Attorney General Adam Paul Laxalt as an advisory committee on domestic violence issues. In 2017, the 79th Nevada Legislative Session officially established the Committee with the passage of Senate Bill 25. This committee consolidated the Nevada Council for the Prevention of Domestic Violence (NCPDV), Committee on Domestic Violence (CDV) – Batterer’s Intervention Program Certification, Victim Information Notification Everyday (VINE) Subcommittee, and AG Statewide Domestic Violence Fatality Review Team (AGSDVFRT) into the supercommittee now known as the Committee on Domestic Violence.
The Committee is chaired by the Attorney General. Membership is composed of experienced individuals from various geographic regions of the State of Nevada. Currently, the Committee maintains members representing law enforcement, the judiciary, prosecution, victim services, health care, education, and domestic violence survivors.
The purpose of the Committee is to prevent and eliminate domestic violence by:
- Increasing awareness of the existence and unacceptability of domestic violence in this State by proposing and/or renewing prevention programs;
- Make recommendations for programs for the treatment of persons who commit domestic violence and make recommendations to the Division of Public and Behavioral Health of the Department of Health and Human Services;
- Review, analyze, and suggest verbiage to proposed legislative language relating to domestic violence to the Office of the Attorney General;
- Review cases that involve statewide domestic violence fatalities; and
- Evaluate changes and analyze solutions to improve the Victim Information Notification Everyday (VINE) program for which the Office of the Attorney General is the State’s program manager.
If you need any assistance with any matters concerning the Committee on Domestic Violence, please contact:
Serving Survivors of Domestic Violence, Sexual Abuse, and Human Trafficking
Nevada Office of the Attorney General
100 N. Carson St.
Carson City, Nevada 89701
Tel: (775) 684-1201
Fax: (775) 684-1108
May 14, 2018
CDV Member List