Attorney General's Personnel Division
The Personnel Division of the Office of the Attorney General advises executive branch departments, divisions and agencies on all aspects of employment law. Our Deputies represent the Executive Branch in:
- Administrative hearings regarding involuntary transfers and the reasonableness of dismissals, demotions or suspensions of State employees
- Judicial review of administrative proceedings
- Formal resolution of grievances before the Employee Management Committee
- Proceedings on complaints of improper governmental (whistleblower) actions
- Litigation in state and federal court regarding the employment relationship including complaints of violations of state law, including intentional torts and negligence claims; constitutional and other federal law, including claims regarding the First Amendment, Fourteenth Amendment, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 discrimination, the Family and Medical Leave Act; The Americans with Disabilities Act; and The Fair Labor Standards Act.