Technological Crime Board
The Technological Crime Advisory Board was created by legislation in 1999. Its supporting statute can be found at NRS 205A. The Board is comprised of representatives of the Nevada Executive and Legislative Branches; state, local, and federal law enforcement agencies; private industry, and Nevada educational institutions.
Meetings of the Board are open to the public.
Among the duties of the Board are:
- Facilitating cooperation among state, local and federal officers in the detection, investigation and prosecution of technological crimes.
- Establishment and oversight of two multi-agency task forces, one based in Reno and one based in Las Vegas.
- Coordination and provision of training and education to prevent and detect technological crimes.
- Assisting the Department of Information Technology to secure government information systems against intrusion.
- Recommending changes to Nevada laws to respond to technological change and law enforcement requirements.
Cyber Security Tips, Tools and Brochures
Cybersecurity Tips on Prevention
Cybersecurity Toolkit for Small Businesses
Card Skimming Brochure - English
Card Skimming Brochure - Spanish