January 30, 2019
Carson City, NV – Today, Nevada Attorney General Aaron Ford announced the members of Nevada’s Task Force on Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Law and Policy. As chair of the Task Force, AG Ford is proud to work with individuals who represent different facets of Nevada’s employment structure, including a victims rights advocate, a county and state agency representative, individuals from the law enforcement, higher education, rural and medical communities, as well as a representative from the Nevada Equal Rights Commission, the Nevada Resort Association, the Women’s Chamber of Commerce of Nevada, and the Culinary Workers Union Local 226.
“Every Nevadan deserves to be treated with respect in the workplace,” said Attorney General Ford. “I look forward to working with Governor Sisolak and the distinguished members of this Task Force who reflect a broad diversity of experience, expertise and opinion. With a focus on prevention, we are committed to developing actionable recommendations to address harassment and discrimination in the workplace.”
"There is no place for sexual harassment and discrimination in the workplace and our state agencies and key privileged license holders must lead by example," added Governor Sisolak. "The incredible level of knowledge and breadth of experience these members bring to the task force will help our state accomplish this. I am proud to see these members join this critically important task force and look forward to receiving their recommendations."
The 11-member Task Force was created by Governor Steve Sisolak in his first official act in office on January 7, 2019. The Task Force aims to promote an employment structure that values respect, opportunity, inclusion and diversity, free from sexual harassment and discrimination. All state agencies will submit a report for review by the
Task Force regarding their sexual harassment and discrimination policies, procedures and training protocol before March 1, 2019.
In addition to AG Ford, other members of the Task Force include:
- Amanda Cuevas, LSW, MSW, Crisis Response and Intervention Supervisor, Safe Embrace. Cuevas will serve as Vice Chair of the Task Force.
- Director Patrick Cates, Nevada Department of Administration
- Kara Jenkins, Administrator, Nevada Equal Rights Commission
- Professor Ann McGinley, Co-Director, Workplace Law Program at William S. Boyd School of Law
- LaTesha Watson, Chief of Police, Henderson Police Department
- Dr. Melissa Piasecki, M.D., Executive Associate Dean and Professor, UNR School of Medicine, Dept. of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Geoconda Argüello-Kline, Secretary-Treasurer, Culinary Union Local 226
- Patricia Lee, Partner, Hutchison & Steffen and Executive Board Member, Women’s Chamber of Commerce of Nevada
- Jan Morrison, Economic Development Officer, Northeastern NV Regional Development Authority
- Erin McMullen, Director of Governmental Affairs, Boyd Gaming Corporation
To view Governor Sisolak’s Executive Order creating this Task Force, click here.