Governor's Task Force Introduction
The Governor’s Task Force on Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Law and Policy was created by Governor Steve Sisolak’s Executive Order 2019-1 on January 8, 2019 as his first official act in office. The task force is chaired by the Attorney General and is comprised of representatives of the Nevada Executive branch, law enforcement, victims’ rights advocates, and others with an interest or involvement in protecting, advocating for, or representing victims of sexual harassment and discrimination.
Meetings of the Board are Open to the Public
Among the duties of the Board are:
- Review of federal and State sexual harassment and discrimination laws, regulations, and policies;
- Review of sexual harassment and discrimination prevention plans and training procedures of each agency within the executive branch;
- Review of current sexual harassment and discrimination orientation and training policies and procedures for each agency of the executive branch, including those used to train supervisors in managing sexual harassment and discrimination matters;
- Review of current allegation reporting and investigation protocol for claims of sexual harassment and discrimination;
- Review of current privacy protections for parties to such allegation reports and investigations;
- Review of current recommended and mandated action once such investigations are complete;
- Development of particularized and actionable recommendations for improving current sexual harassment and discrimination prevention plans and training procedures, allegation reporting and investigation protocol, and privacy protection safeguards;
- Development of models for such policies, procedures and training within executive branch agencies; and
- Consideration of other related items as directed by Governor.