How do I report a missing child?

You should not delay! If your child is missing, conduct a quick search around the premises, and then immediately call 911 or the local police or sheriff’s office to make a report. THERE IS NO WAITING PERIOD TO REPORT A MISSING CHILD.

The police will want to know what the child was wearing, where (s)he was last seen, and will want a recent photograph of the child. If it is suspected that a non-custodial parent has abducted the child, the police may want a copy of all custody orders as well

The Nevada Clearinghouse can be reached during regular business hours at (702) 486-3456.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children also has resources that can assist in the recovery of a missing child. They can be reached at 1 (800) THE LOST (1 (800) 843-5678).

    How do I report domestic violence abuse?


    For advocacy, counseling, and/or referrals, please call the Nevada Statewide Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-500-1556 or the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 (TDD).

    You will reach a trained advocate who can talk with you about your situation, your safety, and the options available to you. All conversations with advocates on hotlines are strictly confidential. For a list of domestic violence service programs in Nevada, please click here.

      How do I report a fraud or scam?

      Contact the Fight Fraud Task Force or call the Better Business Bureau at 775.322.0657 or 702.320.4500.

      To report suspected Medicare or healthcare fraud, errors, or abuse: Visit the national SMP website.

      These forms can be used to report Mortgage Fraud, Insurance Fraud, or Medicaid Fraud.

        How do I report Identify Theft?

        If you are victim of Identity Theft, contact the police department in either the county of your residence or county in which the crime occurred to report the crime.

        If you fall victim to Identity Theft while using the Internet, you should file a report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

        You can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission which also provides instructions on how to correct your record within the criminal justice databases.

        For more information, please refer to our main Identity Theft page.

          How do I report Child Abuse or Neglect?

          Reports of child abuse or neglect can be made to child abuse hotlines. Statewide, people can call 800.992.5757 to report abuse. In Washoe County, abuse reports can be phoned in to 775.785.8600.

          In Clark County, the reports can be made to 702.399.0081.

            How do I report abuse or neglect of an elderly person?

            To report elder abuse or neglect: If there is no immediate danger, please contact the Nevada Elder Protective Services at 702-486-6930 for Las Vegas/Clark County or 888-729-0571 for all other areas/statewide.

            If the person is in immediate danger, or at times when the EPS offices are closed, please contact your local police, sheriff’s office or emergency medical service.

              How do I report a Cyber Crime?

              You can report a cyber crime at the NCMEC, at, or by calling 800.843.5678.

              Reports about child exploitation and child pornography can be reported through these links. These links are central reporting systems and will get the tips to our local task force.