State of Nevada Advisory Council for Prosecuting Attorneys
The Attorney General is an ex-officio member of the Advisory Council for Prosecuting Attorneys. The Attorney General's Office provides staff and support to the Council. See Boards and Commissions page here.
The Advisory Council provides technical assistance and resources to Nevada’s prosecutors to improve the effective administration of justice, promote open government, and protect the public.
THE ADVISORY COUNCIL CANNOT PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
IF YOU HAVE AN INQUIRY REGARDING A CRIMINAL MATTER PLEASE CONTACT THE CITY ATTORNEY OR DISTRICT ATTORNEY WHERE THE CRIME OCCURRED. IF YOU REQUIRE LEGAL ADVICE PLEASE CONTACT THE STATE BAR OF NEVADA LAWYER REFERRAL AND INFORMATION SERVICE AT 800-789-5747.
The Nevada Advisory Council for Prosecuting Attorneys is a state agency with a broad statutory mandate under NRS 241A.070. The mission of the Advisory Council is:
- To provide leadership on legal and public policy issues related to the duties of prosecutors;
- To enhance communication and cooperation among prosecutors and the judiciary, law enforcement, state and local government, the bar, and other public and private organizations concerned with the administration of justice;
- To provide training, education, resources and support to prosecutors and their support staff, law enforcement, government agencies, and the citizens of the State of Nevada; and
- To foster professionalism and competency among the offices of prosecutors in the State of Nevada by providing a forum for communication and cooperation.
- The members of the Advisory Council are dedicated to the accomplishment of this Mission by developing consensus on legal and public policy issues of statewide significance to prosecutors. The Mission will be implemented competently and professionally while adhering to the highest ethical standards of the legal profession.
National Prosecutor Organization Links