Get Information on

Automotive Issues

State of Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles: The Department of Motor Vehicles is responsible for the enforcement of regulations on vehicle dealers, brokers, rental agencies, driving schools and other vehicle-industry businesses.

775-684-4790 Carson City
775-753-1172 Elko
702-486-8626 Las Vegas
775-684-3562 Reno

Better Business Bureau's Auto Line: When consumers are not able to resolve warranty concerns by working with their dealer or the manufacturer’s customer assistance center, Better Business Bureau's (BBB) Auto Line provides a fast, fair, and free way to resolve the dispute. You may also call them at 1-800-955-5100. BBB Auto Line operates in compliance with regulations established by the Federal Trade Commission, and is subject to an annual audit as required by the FTC.

    A Charity?

    To check whether the charity is registered in Nevada, call the Secretary of State’s office: 775-684-5708.
    To check on complaints against a charity, call the Better Business Bureau: 775-322-0657.

      A Guide to Non-Profits

      How do I apply for Medicaid benefits in Nevada?

      Detailed information is available in this Information Brochure. Click here to apply online.

        Medicare Information?

        For general Medicare eligibility and benefits questions: Contact the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) at 1-800-307-4444 or 702-486-3478.

        For enrollment in Medicare: Contact the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213.

          Alcohol or drug abuse?

          The Bureau of Alcohol and Drug Abuse under the Nevada Health Division has a list of counseling programs. They can be reached at 775.684.4190. Consumers can also check with their personal physician for a list of programs.

          Voter Information?

          Call the Secretary of State’s office – 775.684.5708