The Personnel Division of the Office of the Attorney General advises executive branch departments, divisions and agencies on all aspects of employment law. Our Deputies represent the Executive Branch in:
- Administrative hearings regarding involuntary transfers and the reasonableness of dismissals, demotions or suspensions of State employees
- Judicial review of administrative proceedings
- Formal resolution of grievances before the Employee Management Committee
- Proceedings on complaints of improper governmental (whistleblower) actions
- Litigation in state and federal court regarding the employment relationship including complaints of violations of state law, including intentional torts and negligence claims; constitutional and other federal law, including claims regarding the First Amendment, Fourteenth Amendment, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 discrimination, the Family and Medical Leave Act; The Americans with Disabilities Act; and The Fair Labor Standards Act.