If you are a victim

Report the crime to your local police.

  • Use the phone number supplied with your phone book. Do not call 911. 
  • Before speaking with police, think about describing what has happened by asking yourself, “Who, What, When, Where, and How.” This will enable you to report more fully and carefully.
  • You should report what has happened even if you believe the perpetrator to be outside Nevada or outside the United States. You may need a police report in your later dealings with your bank or credit card company, especially if you are the victim of identity theft. In addition, the Nevada Cyber Crime Task Forces deal with crimes and complaints brought to them by law enforcement authorities.

  • VINE - click here for Custody Status Updates Service Provider Directory



    Report the crime to federal authorities using national web sites.

    Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
    This FBI site is a central referral mechanism for complaints involving Internet related crime.

      Federal Trade Commission
      If you believe you have been a victim of identity theft, go to this site, take the steps described there to reduce your exposure as quickly as possible, and report the crime through that site as well.

        National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
        This organization serves as a clearing house of information about missing and exploited children.

          National Center for Victims of Crime
          This organization provides assistance regarding stalking, date violence, violence against women and other crimes.

            The Nevada Identity Theft Program is now available to Nevada victims to demonstrate to creditors and police that their identities have been stolen.