April 20, 2020
Donation to serve homeless community and victims of domestic violence
Las Vegas, NV - Nevada Attorney General Aaron D. Ford facilitated a donation of nearly 500 mattresses by Aaron's, Inc. (Aaron's) to multiple shelters in Nevada impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Aaron's, Inc. is a leading omnichannel provider of lease-purchase solutions headquartered in Atlanta, GA.
The mattresses are being delivered to shelters across the state serving multiple groups in need during the COVID-19 crisis. The pandemic has caused some locations that serve the homeless community to be temporarily shuttered or reconfigured due to health and safety concerns. Another unfortunate consequence of the pandemic seen worldwide is an increase in domestic violence and child abuse. Aaron's Inc.'s donation will also benefit domestic violence shelters and families taking in foster children.
"During times like these, it is important that our corporations band together to support the communities they serve, and this gesture from Aaron's, Inc. demonstrates its commitment to giving back," said Nevada Attorney General Aaron D. Ford. "No matter the circumstances, we have a responsibility to take care of the most vulnerable in our community, and I'm grateful to Aaron's Inc. for helping us provide these critical public services."
"Given the tremendous need in Nevada for bedding, Aaron's, Inc. is honored to help AG Ford respond to these challenges statewide as we all collectively support the rapidly changing shelter situation caused by COVID-19," said John Robinson, Chief Executive Officer of Aaron's, Inc. "Having a safe, comfortable place to sleep during this unprecedented crisis is critical to those desperately in need of assistance, and we are proud to help the communities we serve in any way possible."
Thus far, Aaron's has committed nearly 500 mattresses and mattress sets of varying sizes to:
- Our Place Families and Youth, to provide mattresses for a campus for homeless women, children, families and seniors in Reno;
- Clark County Department of Family Services, to provide mattresses for families caring for foster children in the Las Vegas area;
- Winnemucca Domestic Violence Services, to provide mattresses for the emergency and transitional housing facilities for survivors of domestic violence in Humboldt County;
- SafeNest, to provide mattresses for the State's largest shelter for victims of domestic violence, serving survivors in the Las Vegas area;
- Samaritan House Emergency Shelter, to provide mattresses for the emergency housing facility for homeless and low-income individuals in Elko.
About Aaron's, Inc.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE:AAN) is a leading omnichannel provider of lease-purchase solutions. Progressive Leasing provides lease-purchase solutions through approximately 22,000 retail partner locations in 46 states and the District of Columbia, including e-commerce merchants. The Aaron's Business engages in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of furniture, home appliances, consumer electronics and accessories through its approximately 1,500 Company-operated and franchised stores in 47 states, Puerto Rico and Canada, as well as its e-commerce platform, Aarons.com. Vive Financial ("Vive", formerly Dent- A-Med, Inc.), provides a variety of second-look credit products that are originated through federally-insured banks. For more information, visit investor.aarons.com, Aarons.com, ProgLeasing.com, and ViveCard.com.
(Photographs courtesy of Aaron's, Inc.)