Attorney General Ford Announces Sentencing of Former Medicaid Provider Business Owner

July 13, 2021

Las Vegas, NV - Nevada Attorney General Aaron D. Ford announced that Larry Lance Crawford, 49, of Las Vegas, was sentenced in a Medicaid fraud case involving the failure to maintain adequate records to substantiate claims submitted to Nevada Medicaid. The fraud occurred between January 2017 and September 2018.    

District Court Judge Ronald J. Israel sentenced Crawford to 364 days in jail, suspended, and payment of $50,000.00 in restitution. Individuals or businesses convicted of Medicaid fraud may also be administratively excluded from future Medicaid and Medicare participation.

“One of the many important functions of my office is to protect the integrity of the Medicaid system,” said AG Ford. “By meticulously investigating and prosecuting those actively seeking to defraud our health care system, my office is working hard to ensure Nevadans have access to these reliable and indispensable services.”

The investigation of this case began after the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU) received information that Crawford, the owner of Dynamic Future LLC, was using his business to submit false claims for services that were never actually provided to Medicaid recipients. The investigation revealed that Crawford failed to maintain records to support the services allegedly provided.

The MFCU investigates and prosecutes financial fraud by those providing healthcare services or goods to Medicaid patients. The MFCU also investigates and prosecutes instances of elder abuse or neglect. The Nevada MFCU receives 75 percent of its funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under a grant award. The remaining 25 percent is funded by the State of Nevada, MFCU. Anyone wishing to report suspicions regarding any of these concerns may contact the MFCU at 702-486-3420 or 775-684-1100.

This case was investigated by the Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit and was prosecuted by Senior Deputy Attorney General Behnaz Salimian Molina.

To view the Criminal Information, click here.

To file a complaint with the Office of the Nevada Attorney General, click here.